Monday, November 1, 2010

I am active at StackOverflow.com and SharePointOverflow.com

Recently I came across a presentation from Scott Hanselman and he insisted that “Every Developer must have a blog.. period..”. After inspired by that presentation, I thought of giving it a try and I decided to spend a few hours every week for these two activities:

1. Help the community by answering the questions they have!

2. Blog interesting things that I come across

For the first activity, I decided to actively participate in SharePoint 2007/2010 related questions posted by people at StackOverflow.com and SharePointOverflow.com. I like these sites because they are simple and fast.. very simple reason indeed! And here I am, after one month of this activity, I gave about 50 answers and collected about 700 points. Wow, looking back, I did not anticipate that I would give that many answers and get many points! I must state that I enjoyed a lot while helping the community, I learnt a lot. Many of those answers that I have required me to research and even work with VS.NET to get the correct answer. So, I want to continue with this… and who knows after a year I may be recognized by Microsoft as an MVP… that would a quite an achievement.. pinch me, I am dreaming!

This blog and the posts that created last month is the proof of my second activity. Let’s see how many interesting things I come across and I am able to blog it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment